Curtin St Georges Terrace
Our premises at 137 and 139 St Georges Terrace strengthen our links with industry partners and let us reconnect with graduates working in the area.
The historic limestone building at 139 St Georges Terrace was constructed in 1854 to accommodate Perth Boys School and is the oldest government school building in Western Australia. Although the boys school was relocated to new premises in 1897, the Gothic Revival-style building is still commonly referred to as ‘Old Perth Boys School’.
Perth Technical School began operations from the former boys school in 1900 as the industrialised world entered a new period of advancement. By the 1960, the college was at capacity and was re-invented as the Western Australian Institute of Technology and moved to Kent Street, growing rapidly to eventually become Curtin University.
We now host short Professional and Continuing Education courses at 137 while 139 provides a space to present exhibitions host events and meetings, as well as engage with industry.