Curtin’s international reputation for research has grown rapidly. As we build on this momentum, we aim to strike a balance between research that solves defined problems for industry and society, and research that pushes theboundaries of understanding.
Curtin prides itself on producing research that is conducted within the following framework, based on the Australian Code for the Responsible Conduct of Research:
- Honesty and integrity We foster an environment of intellectual honesty and integrity, with scholarly and scientific rigour.
- Respect for human research participants, the animals and the environment We respect participants and animals and minimise the adverse effects of research on the community and the environment.
- Good stewardship of public resources used to conduct research We’re responsible for our planning and management of public resources for conducting and managing research.
- Appropriate acknowledgement of the role of others in research Attribution of authorship and collaboration is meritorious and based on substantial contributions.
- Responsible communication of research results We understand the importance of the communication of research findings.
- An environment of responsible research At Curtin, responsible and ethical behaviour in research is expected.
Read more about the Australian Code for the Responsible Conduct of Research.
Find out more at Australian Code for the Responsible Conduct of Research, and for students, see applying for research ethics approval.
Keeping people involved with research safe, and maintaining their confidentiality and privacy.
Animals in research
Ensuring ethical, humane and responsible care and use of animals used for scientific purposes.
Safety in research
Ensuring safety of people and the environment when conducting research.
Get in touch
- Kent Street, Bentley WA 6102 Building 102
- Opening hours:
- Mon to Fri: 8.30am – 4.30pm, except Tues: 9.30am – 4.30pm (AWST). Closed public holidays.