White Ribbon Workplace
Curtin’s commitment to the prevention of violence against women led us to becoming the first university in Western Australia to achieve White Ribbon Workplace accreditation.
About the program
The White Ribbon program builds on Curtin’s existing gender equality and diversity initiatives, and a whole-of-organisation commitment to stop violence and create a safer and more respectful workplace.
The program includes policy, procedures and skills training that enable Curtin staff to address the issue of violence against women, both within the workplace and broader community.
Safety and support
Violence against women is serious and preventable, and impacts on the health and safety of employees, their wellbeing and their productivity. For support or more information, see:
- The Safer Community Team
- Curtin student social support services
- Family and domestic violence leave and support procedures [.pdf 186KB]
- Respect. Now. Always campaign
- The Women’s Council for Domestic and Family Violence Services (WA)
- The Ochre Ribbon campaign, which provides legal and community education services for Aboriginal people who have experienced family and domestic violence.